Fractional and seasonal filtering
AbstractWe introduce in this study a new strategy to model simultaneously persistence and seasonality inside economic data using different stochastic filters based on the Gegenbauer modelling. The limits and advantages of these filters are discussed in order to improve the adjustment of economic series, particularly when specific trend is observed. The series of new cars registrations in the Euro-zone is modelled using the previous filters
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) with number halshs-00646178.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Proceeding Book on the Conference Seasonality, Seasonal adjustment and its implication for short term analysis and forecasting, Eurostat (Ed.), 2008, 121-132
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00646178
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Persistence - Seasonality - Fractional filter - Euro-zone new car registrations.;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Luis A. Gil-Alana, 2005.
"Long Memory At The Long-Run And The Seasonal Monthly Frequencies In The Us Money Stock,"
Economics and Finance Discussion Papers
05-16, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Luis Gil-Alana, 2006. "Long memory at the long-run and the seasonal monthly frequencies in the US money stock," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 13(15), pages 965-968.
- Ferrara, Laurent & Guegan, Dominique, 2001. "Forecasting with k-Factor Gegenbauer Processes: Theory and Applications," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(8), pages 581-601, December.
- Laurent Ferrara & Dominique Guegan, 2006. "Fractional seasonality: Models and Application to Economic Activity in the Euro Area," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00185370, HAL.
- Josu Artech & Peter M Robinson, 1998. "Semiparametric Inference in Seasonal and Cyclical Long Memory Processes - (Now published in Journal of Time Series Analysis, 21 (2000), pp.1-25.)," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /1998/359, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.