Walras-Lindahl-Wicksell: What equilibrium concept for public goods provision
AbstractDespite the large number of its references, this paper is less a survey than a systematic exposition, in an unifying framework ans assuming convexity as well on the consumption side as on the production side, of the different equilibrium concepts elaborated for studying provision of public goods. As weak as possible conditions for their existence and their optimality properties are proposed. The general conclusion is that the drawbacks of the different equilibrium concepts lead to founding public economy policy either on direct Pareto improving government interventions or on state enforcement of decentralized mechanisms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) with number halshs-00531434.
Date of creation: 26 Feb 2009
Date of revision:
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00531434
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
private provision equilibrium; Lindahl-Foley equilibrium; public competitive equilibrium; abstract economies; equilibrium existence; welfare theorems; core;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Silvestre, Joaquim, 1989. "Cost share equilibria: A Lindahlian approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 239-256, April.
- Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc, 1991. "Existence of Lindahl equilibria in economies with nonconvex production sets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 409-416, August.
- De Simone, Anna & Graziano, Maria Gabriella, 2004. "The pure theory of public goods: the case of many commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 847-868, November.
- Marta Faias & Emma Moreno-garcÃa & Myrna Wooders, 2012.
"A strategic market game approach for the private provision of public goods,"
Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers
vuecon-12-00001, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Faias, Marta & Moreno, Emma & Wooders, Myrna, 2009. "A Strategic market game approach for the private provision of public goods," MPRA Paper 37777, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Mar 2012.
- repec:van:wpaper:1201 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.