An answer to a question of herings et al
AbstractOne answers to an open question of Herings et al. (2008), by proving that their fixed point theorem for discontinuous functions works for mappings defined on convex compact subset of $\R^n$, and not only polytopes. This fixed point theorem can be applied to the problem of Nash equilibrium existence in discontinuous games.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) with number halshs-00265464.
Date of creation: Feb 2008
Date of revision:
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00265464
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
fixed point theorem; discontinuity; nash equilibrium;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- HERINGS, P. Jean-Jacques & van der LAAN, Gerard & TALMAN, Dolf & YANG, Zaifu, .
"A fixed point theorem for discontinuous functions,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-2154, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Herings, P.J.J. & Laan, G. van der & Talman, A.J.J. & Yang, Z.F., 2005. "A Fixed Point Theorem for Discontinuous Functions," Discussion Paper 2005-4, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jean-Jacques Herings & Gerard van der Laan & Dolf Talman & Zaifu Yang, 2004. "A Fixed Point Theorem for Discontinuous Functions," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-004/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Herings, P. Jean-Jacques & Laan, Gerard van der & Talman, Dolf & Yang, Zaifu, 2008. "Afixed point theorem for discontinuous functions," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-22850, Maastricht University.
- Herings,Jean-Jacques & Laan,Gerard,van der & Talman,Dolf & Yang,Zaifu, 2005. "A Fixed Point Theorem for Discontinuous Functions," Research Memoranda 011, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Herings, P.J.J. & Laan, G. van der & Talman, A.J.J. & Yang, Z.F., 2008. "A fixed point theorem for discontinuous functions," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-357915, Tilburg University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.