Competition and intellectual property in the European Union
AbstractThis article shows how European courts have managed tensions between antitrust and intellectual protection in three areas: (1) Parallel imports and market segmentation; (2) Refusals to supply essential inputs protected by patents and copyrights; (3) Forms of conduct by copyright collectives.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) with number halshs-00185295.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, New developments in UK and EU competition policy, Edward Elgar (Ed.), 2006, 202-231
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00185295
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
parallel imports; management of collective rights; licensing; essential facilities;
Other versions of this item:
- Crampes, Claude & Encaoua, David & Hollander, Abraham, 2004. "Competition and Intellectual Property in the European Union," IDEI Working Papers 332, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Feb 2005.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Encaoua & Abraham Hollander, 2002.
"Competition Policy and Innovation,"
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Stole, Lars A., 2007. "Price Discrimination and Competition," Handbook of Industrial Organization, Elsevier.
- Aghion, Philippe & Harris, Christopher & Vickers, John, 1997. "Competition and growth with step-by-step innovation: An example," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 771-782, April.
- Zablocka, Adrianna, 2008. "Antitrust and Copyright Collectives – an Economic Analysis," MPRA Paper 23987, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.