Computations on Simple Games using RelView
AbstractSimple games are a powerful tool to analyze decision-making and coalition formation in social and political life. In this paper we present relational models of simple games and develop relational algorithms for solving some game-theoretic basic problems. The algorithms immediately can be transformed into the language of the Computer Algebra system RelView and, therefore, the system can be used to solve the problems and to visualize the results of the computations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) with number hal-00633857.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Computer Algebra in Scientific Computing, Springer (Ed.), 2011, 49-60
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00633857
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
relational algebra ; RelView ; simple games;
Other versions of this item:
- Rudolf Berghammer & Agnieszka Rusinowska & Harrie de Swart, 2011. "Computations on Simple Games using REL VIEW," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 11014, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Rudolf Berghammer & Agnieszka Rusinowska & Harrie De Swart, 2011. "Computations on Simple Games using REL VIEW," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00587690, HAL.
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- C88 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Other Computer Software
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2011-11-01 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2011-11-01 (Game Theory)
- NEP-HPE-2011-11-01 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rudolf Berghammer & Stefan Bolus & Agnieszka Rusinowska & Harrie De Swart, 2011.
"A relation-algebraic approach to simple games,"
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Prasad, K & Kelly, J S, 1990. "NP-Completeness of Some Problems Concerning Voting Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 1-9.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.