AbstractWe study the Full Bayesian Updating rule for convex capacities. Following a route suggested by Jaffray (1992), we define some properties one may want to impose on the updating process, and identify the classes of (convex and strictly positive) capacities that satisfy these properties for the Full Bayesian updating rule.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) with number hal-00455779.
Date of creation: Jul 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Theory and Decision, 2011, 71, 1, 111-128
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00455779
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cesaltina Pacheco Pires, 2002. "A Rule For Updating Ambiguous Beliefs," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 53(2), pages 137-152, September.
- David Schmeidler, 1989.
"Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
7662, David K. Levine.
- Schmeidler, David, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 571-87, May.
- Gilboa Itzhak & Schmeidler David, 1993.
"Updating Ambiguous Beliefs,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 33-49, February.
- Eichberger, Jürgen & Grant, Simon & Lefort, Jean-Philippe, 2008.
"Neo-additive capacities and updating,"
Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications
08-31, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim & Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Jurgen Eichberger & Simon Grant & David Kelsey, 2006.
"Updating Choquet Beliefs,"
0607, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Chateauneuf, Alain & Jaffray, Jean-Yves, 1989. "Some characterizations of lower probabilities and other monotone capacities through the use of Mobius inversion," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 263-283, June.
- Massimo Guidolin & Francesca Rinaldi, 2010.
"Ambiguity in asset pricing and portfolio choice: a review of the literature,"
2010-028, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Massimo Guidolin & Francesca Rinaldi, 2013. "Ambiguity in asset pricing and portfolio choice: a review of the literature," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 74(2), pages 183-217, February.
- Massimo Guidolin & Francesca Rinaldi, 2011. "Ambiguity in Asset Pricing and Portfolio Choice: A Review of the Literature," Working Papers 417, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Michèle Cohen & Alain Chateauneuf & Eric Danan & Thibault Gajdos & Raphaël Giraud & Meglena Jeleva & Fabrice Philippe & Jean-Marc Tallon & Jean-Christophe Vergnaud, 2011. "Tribute to Jean-Yves Jaffray July 22, 1939 - February 26, 2009," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00664715, HAL.
- Michèle Cohen & Alain Chateauneuf & Eric Danan & Thibault Gajdos & Raphaël Giraud & Meglena Jeleva & Fabrice Philippe & Jean-Marc Tallon & Jean-Christophe Vergnaud, 2011. "Tribute to Jean-Yves Jaffray," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 71(1), pages 1-10, July.
- Aurélien Baillon & Han Bleichrodt & Umut Keskin & Olivier L'Haridon & Author-Name: Chen Li, 2013. "Learning under ambiguity: An experiment using initial public offerings on a stock market," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201331, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.