TSA for Germany: database of the satellite account and perspectives for integration into a sectoral disaggregated macro-econometric model
AbstractThe Institute of Economic Structures Research (GWS mbH) has developed a tourism satellite account (TSA) for the Federal Republic of Germany relating to the year 2000.1 In the process of elaborating the TSA the Federal Statistical Office (as an external partner outside the GWS) has been fully integrated and provided partially unpublished data. In the first part of the paper major steps in calculating the monetary TSA-tables 1 to 6 are presented. It will be shown how this specific nformation has been used in the process of TSA preparation and what empirical results are obtained to the year 2000 for Germany. In the last part of the paper the structure of the tourism economic simulation and forecasting model VOYAGE is presented. GWS has gained experience in such a theme-specific macroeconomic modelling approach. The model VOYAGE is based on the German TSA for the year 2000 which will be consistently integrated into the German INFORGE model. Its performance is founded on the INFORUM philosophy to build econometric input-output models bottom up and fully integrated. The model YOYAGE with its tourism economic extensions can be used e. g. for analysing the economic impacts of behaviour modifications in tourism or of big events.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by GWS - Institute of Economic Structures Research in its series GWS Discussion Paper Series with number 04-3.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
TSA; Germany; tourism satellite account; perspectives for integration; macro-econometric model;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gerd Ahlert, 2001. "The Economic Effects of the Soccer World Cup 2006 in Germany with Regard to Different Financing," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 109-127.
- Gerd Ahlert, 2003. "Einführung eines Tourismussatellitensystems in Deutschland," GWS Discussion Paper Series 03-4, GWS - Institute of Economic Structures Research.
- Copenhagen Economics, 2008. "Study on reduced VAT applied to goods and services in the Member States of the European Union," Taxation Papers 13, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission, revised Oct 2008.
- Gerd Ahlert, 2005. "What does Germany expect to gain from hosting the 2006 Football World Cup – Macroeconomic and Regionaleconomic Effects," GWS Discussion Paper Series 05-4, GWS - Institute of Economic Structures Research.
- Gerd Ahlert, 2004. "The TSA project in Germany: Results & Reactions," GWS Discussion Paper Series 04-4, GWS - Institute of Economic Structures Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (GWS mbH).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.