Entropy Theory and RAS are Friends
AbstractMay 1999 Presented at the 2nd Annual Conference on Global Economic Analysis Recent research in applications of entropy theory to matrix balancing problems in eco-nomics has put powerful new tools in the hands of data base developers, but overshadowed some previous findings. We recall earlier findings that the RAS is an entropy-theoretic model. Investigating the properties of a more recently proposed entropy-theoretic model, we find that in general the RAS remains preferable. We show further that the RAS can be obtained also as a generalised cross-entropy model. Finally, we present examples illus-trating how entropy-theoretic techniques can extend the RAS to handle a wider range of problems.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University in its series GTAP Working Papers with number 300.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Note: GTAP Working Paper No. 06
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1145 Krannert Building, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1145
Phone: (765) 494-4267
Fax: 765 494-9176
Web page: http://www.gtap.agecon.purdue.edu/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Canning, Patrick & Wang, Zhi, 2004. "A flexible modeling framework to estimate interregional trade patterns and input-output accounts," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3359, The World Bank.
- M. Alejandro Cardenete & Ferran Sancho, 2002.
"Sensitivity of Simulation Results to Competing SAM Updates,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
556.02, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- M. Alejandro Cardenete & Ferran Sancho, 2002. "Sensitivity of Simulation Results to Competing SAM Updates," Working Papers 88, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Sherman Robinson & Andrea Cattaneo & Moataz El-Said, 2001.
"Updating and Estimating a Social Accounting Matrix Using Cross Entropy Methods,"
Economic Systems Research,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 47-64.
- Robinson, Sherman & Cattaneo, Andrea & El-Said, Moataz, 2000. "Updating and estimating a Social Accounting Matrix using cross entropy methods," TMD discussion papers 58, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Casiano Peñate & Dolores Peñate, 2004. "New Nonlinear Approaches for the Adjustment and Updating of a SAM," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 259-272, September.
- Chisari, Omar Osvaldo & Mastronardi, Leonardo Javier & Romero, Carlos Adrián, 2012. "Building an input-output Model for Buenos Aires City," MPRA Paper 40028, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Haykel Hadj Salem, 2004. "The Macroeconomic Social Accounting Matrix of Tunisia in 1996," Computational Economics 0410001, EconWPA.
- Casiano Peñate & Dolores Peñate, 2003. "New Nonlinear Approaches for the Adjustment and Updating of a SAM," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 259-272, September.
- Ramos Carvajal, Carmen & Fernández Vázquez, Esteban, 2002. "Temporal projection of an input-output tables series for the region of Asturias," ERSA conference papers ersa02p211, European Regional Science Association.
- Yusuf, Arief Anshory, 2006.
"Constructing Indonesian Social Accounting Matrix for Distributional Analysis in the CGE Modelling Framework,"
1730, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arief Anshory Yusuf, 2006. "Constructing Indonesian Social Accounting Matrix for Distributional Analysis in the CGE Modelling Framework," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 200604, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised Nov 2006.
- Rich, Jeppe & Mulalic, Ismir, 2012. "Generating synthetic baseline populations from register data," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 467-479.
- Romero, Carlos A., 2009.
"Calibración de modelos de equilibrio general computado: Métodos y práctica usual
[Calibration of CGE models: Methods and current practice]," MPRA Paper 17767, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jeremy Douglas).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.