Adjusting Tax Rates in the GTAP Data Base
AbstractThis paper describes a procedure designed for incorporating improved information on taxes into existing GTAP data aggregations. The aim of this procedure is to maintain the internal consistency of the data base while minimizing the impacts of the tax change on the value flows in the data base. It utilizes a variant of the GTAP Model, for which the model structure and parameter settings have been designed to achieve this aim. The features include Cobb-Douglas production and consumption functions, inter-intermediate input substitution (also Cobb-Douglas), universal factor mobility and fixed trade balances. Instructions and computer files for implementation of the procedure are provided in the attached files.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University in its series GTAP Technical Papers with number 315.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Note: GTAP Technical Paper No. 12
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1145 Krannert Building, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1145
Phone: (765) 494-4267
Fax: 765 494-9176
Web page: http://www.gtap.agecon.purdue.edu/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank, 2009. "Tunisia's Global Integration : A Second Generation of Reforms to Boost Growth and Employment," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6298, March.
- Anderson, Kym & Valenzuela, Ernesto & van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique, 2009. "Welfare and Poverty Effects of Global Agricultural and Trade Policies Using the Linkage Model," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 52785, World Bank.
- Narayanan, Badri & Hertel, Thomas & Horridge, Mark, 2009.
"Disaggregated Data and Trade Policy Analysis: The Value of Linking Partial and General Equilibrium Models,"
GTAP Working Papers
3162, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Narayanan, Badri G. & Hertel, Thomas W. & Horridge, J. Mark, 2010. "Disaggregated data and trade policy analysis: The value of linking partial and general equilibrium models," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 755-766, May.
- Hertel, Thomas & Hummels, David & Ivanic, Maros & Keeney, Roman, 2007.
"How confident can we be of CGE-based assessments of Free Trade Agreements?,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 611-635, July.
- Hertel, Thomas & David Hummels & Maros Ivanic & Roman Keeney, 2003. "How Confident Can We Be in CGE-Based Assessments of Free Trade Agreements?," GTAP Working Papers 1324, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Thomas Hertel & David Hummels & Maros Ivanic & Roman Keeney, 2004. "How Confident Can We Be in CGE-Based Assessments of Free Trade Agreements?," NBER Working Papers 10477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George Verikios & Xiao-guang Zhang, 2001. "Global Gains from Liberalising Trade in Telecommunications and Financial Services," Others 0110005, EconWPA.
- Thomas W. Hertel & L. Alan Winters, 2006. "Poverty and the WTO : Impacts of the Doha Development Agenda," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7411, March.
- Anderson, Kym & Martin, Will & van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique, 2005. "Global impacts of Doha trade reform scenarios on poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3735, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2008. "Tunisia's Global Integration : Second Generation of Reforms to Boost Growth and Employment," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7893, The World Bank.
- Lips, Markus, 2004. "Steigerung der Faktorproduktivitat in der Schweizer Milchverarbeitung," Agrarwirtschaft und Agrarsoziologie/ Economie et Sociologie Rurales, Swiss Society for Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology, issue 1.
- Soo Yuen Chong & Jung Hur, 2007.
"Overlapping Free Trade Agreements of Singapore-USA-Japan : A Computational Analysis,"
Trade Working Papers
21931, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Chong Soo Yuen & Jung Hur, 2007. "Overlapping Free Trade Agreements of Singapore-USA-Japan: A Computational Analysis," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0711, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Ianchovichina, Elena, 2004.
"Trade policy analysis in the presence of duty drawbacks,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 353-371, April.
- Ianchovichina, Elena, 2002. "Trade policy analysis in the presence of duty drawbacks," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3312, The World Bank.
- Wusheng Yu & Hans G. Jensen, 2010.
"China's Agricultural Policy Transition: Impacts of Recent Reforms and Future Scenarios,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 343-368.
- Yu, Wusheng & Jensen, Hans Grinsted, 2009. "China’s Agricultural Policy Transition: Impacts of Recent Reforms and Future Scenarios," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51682, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Markus Lips & Peter Rieder, 2004. "Potential Impact of the WTO Doha Round on Swiss Agriculture," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 140(IV), pages 569-583, December.
- Durán Lima, José Elías & De Miguel, Carlos J. & Schushny, Andrés, 2006.
"Los acuerdos comerciales de Colombia, Ecuador y Perú con los Estados Unidos: efectos sobre el comercio, la producción y el bienestar
[Trade agreements by Colombia, Ecuador and Peru with the Unite," MPRA Paper 10873, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 25 Apr 2007.
- Peter Walkenhorst & Tadashi Yasui, 2004. "Quantitative Assessment of the Benefits of Trade Facilitation," International Trade 0401008, EconWPA.
- Keeney, Roman & Beckman, Jayson, 2009. "WTO negotiations on agriculture and the distributional impacts for US rice farm households," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 70-80, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jeremy Douglas).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.