Attractiveness and agglomeration of automotive industry in Morocco and Tunisia: A comparative analysis (In French)
AbstractThe paper proposes a comparative analysis of the development of the automotive industry in Morocco and Tunisia. In its first part, it analyses the convergence in the forms of international integration, oriented towards a subcontracting towards European Union, which leads to competition and also complementarities between these two countries. The role of multinational firms and governmental policies is discussed. Location of these automotive activities is analyzed in Part 2 to evaluate the agglomeration factors and the limits of spatial concentration.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée in its series Cahiers du GREThA with number 2008-20.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Avenue Léon Duguit, 33608 Pessac Cedex
Phone: +33 (0)220.127.116.11.75
Fax: +33 (0)18.104.22.168.47
Web page: http://gretha.u-bordeaux4.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Automotive industry - European Union - Regional integration - Mediterranean Area - Multinational Firms - Morocco - Tunisia;
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-Bernard LAYAN (GREThA-GRES) & Yannick LUNG (GREThA-GRES), 2008. "Attractiveness and agglomeration of automotive industry in Morocco and Tunisia: A comparative analysis (In French)," Cahiers du GRES 2008-14, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- N67 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction - - - Africa; Oceania
- N87 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - Africa; Oceania
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vincent Frigant, 2002. "Geographical proximity and supplying relationships in modular production," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 742-755, December.
- Yannick Lung, 2002. "Introduction," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 737-741, December.
- Dani Rodrik, 2007.
"Introductiion to One Economics, Many Recipes: Globalization, Institutions, and Economic Growth
[One Economics, Many Recipes: Globalization, Institutions, and Economic Growth]," Introductory Chapters, Princeton University Press.
- Yannick LUNG (GRES-IFReDE-E3i and GERPISA), 2003. "The changing geography of the European automobile system," Cahiers du GRES 2003-10, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Vincent FRIGANT (GREThA), 2007. "Between Internationalisation and Proximity: the internationalisation process of automotive first tier suppliers," Cahiers du GREThA 2007-13, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Dalila NICET-CHENAF (GREThA) & Eric ROUGIER (GREThA), 2007.
"Foreign Direct Investment: a comparative study of the attraction of Moroccan and Tunisian economies (In French),"
Cahiers du GREThA
2007-02, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Dalila NICET-CHENAF (GREThA-GRES) & Eric ROUGIER (GREThA-GRES), 2007. "Foreign Direct Investment: a comparative study of the attraction of Moroccan and Tunisian economies (In French)," Cahiers du GRES 2007-05, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Jean-Bernard LAYAN & Jean-Bernard LAYAN, 2007. "Les Nouvelles Configurations De L'Espace Automobile Méditerranéen," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 25, pages 157-176.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.