Investment behaviors of the key actors in capitalism: when geography matters
AbstractThe article investigates the geography of finance via an analysis of the investment behavior of large international equity investors. The main argument is based on the importance of financial markets and capital flows and on the central role played in them by institutional investors, the key actors of capitalism. This paper is original because it introduces geographic criteria, and thus institutional and cultural factors, for understanding the behaviour of investors. We present evidence on the diversity of models of capitalism while questioning the convergence of national economies and markets towards a pattern often termed “the Anglo-Saxon model”.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée in its series Cahiers du GREThA with number 2008-05.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Avenue Léon Duguit, 33608 Pessac Cedex
Phone: +33 (0)220.127.116.11.75
Fax: +33 (0)18.104.22.168.47
Web page: http://gretha.u-bordeaux4.fr/
More information through EDIRC
institutional investors; geography of finance; models of capitalism; financial markets;
Other versions of this item:
- Claude DUPUY (GREThA-GRES) & Stéphanie LAVIGNE (LEREPS-GRES & Toulouse Business School, 2008. "Investment behaviors of the key actors in capitalism: when geography matters," Cahiers du GRES 2008-04, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- P10 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Claude DUPUY (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Matthieu MONTALBAN (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Sylvain MOURA (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2009. "Finance and Industrial Dynamics (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2009-24, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.