Understanding the spatial organization of agricultural co-operative groups (In French)
AbstractThe processes of localization/delocalization of activities attest that space is important in firm’s strategies. Merger and acquisition contributes too modify the spatial organization of firms. This paper aims at analyzing the spatial organization at the level of groups of firms. The conceptual framework combines an analysis in terms of proximity and theories of the firm. We study the co-operative agricultural groups, which are relevant to question the territorial anchoring of the firm. Spatial indicators are proposed and mobilized at different levels of organization of the groups. Results show the importance of territorial anchoring in the strategies of co-operatives heads of the group. However, the development of big co-operative groups could lead to changes in the spatial logics facing a context of globalization.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales in its series Cahiers du GRES with number 2007-16.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
NAAgricultural cooperatives; Mutualist control; Territorial anchoring;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2007-07-07 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2007-07-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2007-07-07 (Economic Geography)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.