The globalization of the automotive First Tier Suppliers: an empirical study (In French)
AbstractWe present in this paper some results of a study about the globalization of the automotive First Tiers Suppliers. Our study is based on a sample of 30 suppliers, and we try to measure their degree of internationalization. We consider two types of variables: the sales and the location of production. We stress that the suppliers are engaged into globalization even if the domestic markets stay primordial. We try to identify the foundations of this globalization and to draw conclusions concerning the future locations of suppliers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales in its series Cahiers du GRES with number 2004-16.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
globalization; first tier suppliers; automobile; International Business Networks; merger and acquisition;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-09-30 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vincent Frigant, 2001.
"Une lecture hirschmaninne de la coordination : le loyalisme dans les systèmes productifs territorialisés,"
Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine,
Armand Colin, vol. 0(5), pages 743-762.
- Vincent Frigant, 2001. "Une lecture hirschmanienne de la coordination : le loyalisme dans les systèmes productifs territorialisés," Post-Print hal-00671624, HAL.
- Yannick LUNG (GRES-IFReDE-E3i and GERPISA), 2003. "The changing geography of the European automobile system," Cahiers du GRES 2003-10, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Vincent FRIGANT (E3i-IFReDE-GRES), 2004.
"Modularity: the foundations of an architect firm? (In French),"
Cahiers du GRES
2004-02, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Frigant, 2004. "Modularity: the foundations of an architect firm? (In French)," Industrial Organization 0405002, EconWPA.
- Vincent Frigant, 2002. "Geographical proximity and supplying relationships in modular production," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 742-755, December.
- Vincent FRIGANT (GREThA), 2007.
"Ten years of modularity: empirical evidences on the restructuring of the auto part industry (In French),"
Cahiers du GREThA
2007-15, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Vincent FRIGANT (GREThA-GRES), 2007. "Ten years of modularity: empirical evidences on the restructuring of the auto part industry (In French)," Cahiers du GRES 2007-20, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.