Ford of Europe, 1967-2003
AbstractThe analysis of economic and financial results of Ford of Europe since the creation of this coordination structure in 1967 allows us to distinguish two periods. In a first time, until the end of the eighties, Ford took a strong advantage from the successful integration of its European activities. In a second time, since 1990, the automaker got some reversal of fortune on the old continent. Explanatory factors of that general evolution are searched in the history of the Ford of Europe’s governance, of its products strategies, and of its management of industrial resources from 1967 to 1993. We defend the idea that after the exhaustion of the favourable dynamic of its continental integration, Ford of Europe has been experiencing an identity crisis which was linked to a radical change of its operational context resulting from the globalisation strategies of Ford Motor Company.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales in its series Cahiers du GRES with number 2003-11.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Ford; Automobile Industry; Europe; Multinational Firms; Regional Integration; Globalisation Strategies;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EEC-2003-10-05 (European Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2003-10-05 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-INO-2003-10-05 (Innovation)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading lists or Wikipedia pages:Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.