The GST and mortgage costs: Australian evidence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics in its series Discussion Papers in Finance with number finance:201302.
Date of creation: Feb 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Nathan, Brisbane, Queensland, 4111
Phone: (07) 3875-5364
Fax: (07) 3875-7750
Web page: http://www.griffith.edu.au/business-commerce/griffith-business-school/departments/department-accounting-finance-economics
More information through EDIRC
Australian GST; mortgage costs; house affordability;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2013-04-27 (Banking)
- NEP-URE-2013-04-27 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Black, Deborah G & Garbade, Kenneth D & Silber, William L, 1981. "The Impact of the GNMA Pass-through Program on FHA Mortgage Costs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 457-69, May.
- Abbas Valadkhani & Allan P. Layton, 2003. "Quantifying the Effect of GST on Inflation in Australia’s Capital Cities: An Intervention Analysis," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 153, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Tom Bolton & Brian Dollery, 2005. "An Empirical Note On The Comparative Macroeconomic Effects Of The Gst In Australia, Canada And New Zealand," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 24(1), pages 50-60, 03.
- James Kau & Luke Peters, 2005. "The Effect of Mortgage Price and Default Risk on Mortgage Spreads," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 285-295, April.
- Benjamin Liu & Michael Skully, 2008. "The impact of securitisation and structural changes of the Australian mortgage markets on bank pricing behaviour," International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(2), pages 149-167.
- James W. Kolari & Donald R. Fraser & Ali Anari, 1998. "The Effects of Securitization on Mortgage Market Yields: A Cointegration Analysis," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 26(4), pages 677-693.
- Binh Tran-Nam, 2001. "Use and Misuse of Tax Compliance Costs in Evaluating the GST," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 34(3), pages 279-290.
- Abbas Valadkhani, 2005. "Goods and Services Tax Effects on Goods and Services Included in the Consumer Price Index Basket," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 81(s1), pages S104-S114, 08.
- Ebrahim, M. Shahid & Mathur, Ike, 2007. "Pricing home mortgages and bank collateral: A rational expectations approach," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1217-1244, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr. Alexandr Akimov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.