The SGG risk elicitation task:Implementation and results
AbstractWe propose a simple task for the elicitation of risk attitudes, initially used in Sabater-Grande and Georgantzís (2002) [SGG], capturing two dimensions of individual decision making: subjects’ average willingness to choose risky projects and their sensitivity towards variations in the return to risk. We report results from a large dataset obtained from the test and discuss regularities and the desirability of its bi-dimensionality when used to explain behaviour in other contexts.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada. in its series ThE Papers with number 10/07.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: 01 Sep 2010
Date of revision:
Psychometric Tests; Decision-making; Lotteries; Risk aversion.;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2010-10-09 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2010-10-09 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sabater-Grande, Gerardo & Georgantzis, Nikolaos, 2002. "Accounting for risk aversion in repeated prisoners' dilemma games: an experimental test," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-50, May.
- Antoni Bosch-Domènech & Joaquim Silvestre, 2006. "Risk aversion and embedding bias," Economics Working Papers 934, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Paolo Crosetto & Antonio Filippin, 2013.
"A Theoretical and Experimental Appraisal of Five Risk Elicitation Methods,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
547, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Paolo Crosetto & Antonio Filippin, 2013. "A Theoretical and Experimental Appraisal of Five Risk Elicitation Methods," Jena Economic Research Papers 2013-009, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Crosetto, Paolo & Filippin, Antonio, 2012.
"The "Bomb" Risk Elicitation Task,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6710, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Paolo Crosetto & Antonio Filippin, 2012. "The "Bomb" Risk Elicitation Task," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-035, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Paolo Crosetto & Antonio Filippin, 2012. "The "Bomb" Risk Elicitation Task," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 517, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angel Solano Garcia.).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.