The Contribution of Economists to the Study of Language Issues
AbstractThis paper reviews the epistemological and methodological underpinnings of economic approaches to language issues, and proposes a definition of the economics of language as a field of research in its own right. It also introduces the contributions gathered in a special issue of the "International Journal of the Sociology of Language" entirely devoted to the economics of language.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Département des Sciences Économiques, Université de Genève in its series Research Papers by the Department of Economics, University of Geneva with number 96.10.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 40 Boulevard du Pont-d'Arve, CH-1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Phone: +41 22 379 8263
Fax: +41 22 379 82 93
Web page: http://www.unige.ch/ses/dsec/
LANGUAGES; CULTURE; MINORITY GROUPS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.