Technological innovation persistence : Literature survey and exploration of the role of organizational innovation
AbstractIn this paper, we will review the literature on technological innovation persistence and provide a general theoretical framework to analyze the main determinants of this innovative behavior. Moreover, no previous empirical study has taken into account organizational innovation practices as possible determinants of innovation persistence. We will therefore include them, as previous studies have shown the interaction effects between the two types of innovation, and produce empirical results on technical innovation persistence. A multinomial probit model was used to estimate the likelihood of belonging to each of the three longitudinal innovation profiles. Results confirm the differentiated impact of determinants on process and technological innovation persistence, and the effect of R&D intensity, R&D cooperation and competition intensity. As hypothesized, we also found that organizational innovation is a determinant factor for innovation persistence and, more generally speaking, for technological innovation, in particular organizational practices such as knowledge management and external partnerships.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure in its series Working Papers with number 1132.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 93, chemin des Mouilles - B.P.167 69131 - Ecully cedex
Phone: 33(0)472 29 30 89
Fax: 33(0)47229 30 90
Web page: http://www.gate.cnrs.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Persistance; Innovation; Technologie; Organisationnelle innovation; R&D;
Other versions of this item:
- Christian Le Bas & Caroline Mothe & Thuc Uyen Nguyen-Thi, 2011. "Technological innovation persistence : Literature survey and exploration of the role of organizational innovation," Working Papers halshs-00649095, HAL.
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2011-12-13 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-INO-2011-12-13 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2011-12-13 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SBM-2011-12-13 (Small Business Management)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Le Bas & Nicolas Poussing, 2012.
"Are complex innovators more persistent than single innovators ? An empirical analysis of innovation persistence drivers,"
1201, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- Christian Le Bas & Nicolas Poussing, 2012. "Are complex innovators more persistent than single innovators ? An empirical analysis of innovation persistence drivers," Working Papers halshs-00663788, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nelly Wirth).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.