Modernization or Conservation: The Role of Export Duty on Crude Oil and Petroleum Products
AbstractThis paper deals with the analysis of the consequences of the abolition of export duties on crude oil and petroleum products as a necessary measure to create incentives to improve energy efficiency of the Russian economy and the elimination of underdevelopment caused by the unprecedented long-term subsidies to inefficient Russian oil refining. The authors consider three possible scenarios for the abolition of export duties on crude oil and domestic market and the conservation of tax revenues at a constant level.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy in its series Working Papers with number 0042.
Length: 13 pages
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision: 2012
resource rent; oil refining; export duty on crude oil and petroleum products; energy efficiency of the Russian economy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L71 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Hydrocarbon Fuels
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2012-12-10 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-CWA-2012-12-10 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENE-2012-12-10 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2012-12-10 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2012-12-10 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- G. Idrisov & S. Sinelnikov-Murylev., 2013.
"Budget Policy and Economic Growth,"
VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki",
N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 8.
- Georgy Idrisov & Sergey Sinelnikov-Murylev, 2013. "Budget Policy and Economic Growth," Working Papers, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy 0076, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, revised 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Hugues).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.