Federal Reform Outcome: Influence of Modified Institutions on the Investment Climate in the Regions
AbstractThis publication is aimed at studying the modification of institutions of regional state power in the Russian Federation and its influence on the investment climate in the regions, including regional peculiarities of the investment climate and predictability of the policy of regional authorities headed by appointed governors. Examples of political confrontation between regional and provincial authorities in Canada allow us to illustrate the influence of normal federative democracy on business environment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy in its series Working Papers with number 0024.
Length: 68535 words
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision: 2007
political institutions; investment climate; federalism;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances
- H5 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Egorov, Georgy & Guriev, Sergei & Sonin, Konstantin, 2006.
"Media Freedom, Bureaucratic Incentives and the Resource Curse,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5748, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- S. Guriev & G. Egorov & K. Sonin., 2007. "Media Freedom, Bureaucratic Incentives, and the Resource Curse," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 4.
- Georgy Egorov & Sergei Guriev & Konstantin Sonin, 2006. "Media Freedom, Bureaucratic Incentives, and the Resource Curse," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 06-10, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Georgy Egorov & Sergei Guriev & Konstantin Sonin, 2006. "Media Freedom, Bureaucratic Incentives, and the Resource Curse," Working Papers w0063, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR), revised Jun 2006.
- Ruben Enikolopov & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2006.
"Decentralization and Political Institutions,"
w0065, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Enikolopov, Ruben & Zhuravskaya, Ekaterina, 2003. "Decentralization and Political Institutions," CEPR Discussion Papers 3857, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ruben Enikolopov & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2004. "Decentralization and Political Institutions," Economics Working Papers 0045, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- Vladimir Mau & Konstantin Yanovskiy, 2002. "Political and Legal Factors of Economic Growth in Russian Regions," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 321-339.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Hugues).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.