Mixed Ownership in Corporative Sector: Evolution, Management, Regulation
AbstractThe main objective of this publication is to analyze the system of governance of companies with mixed ownership, reveal issues and contradictions arising as a result of this sector reform, evaluation of their place and prospects in the light of Russia's economy modernization. The authors analyze the dynamics and structure of economic entities with the state capital participation. They evaluate the normative and legal basis that regulate their activity, analyze the influence of the gouvernments on economic entities of this type being their joint owners, ðrovide policy proposals regarding public ownership policy with respect to improving the system of governance of such companies including potential privatization. Review of law enforcement in the sphere of mixed ownership (ch. 4.2, 4.3) was done by E. Apevalova. Review of the Canadian experience in this sphere (ch. 5) was prepared by Harry Swain.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy in its series Working Papers with number 0021.
Length: 137720 words
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision: 2008
ownership rights; corporate sector;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H82 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Governmental Property
- K11 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Property Law
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
- L32 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Enterprises; Public-Private Enterprises
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alexandr Radygin & Georgiy Malginov, 2004. "Reforming Unitary Enterprises in Russian Economy: the Sectoral and Regional Aspects," Research Paper Series, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, issue 81P, pages 284.
- A. Radygin & G. Mal'Ginov., 2006. "The Market for Corporate Control and the State," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 3.
- T. Dolgopiatova, 2009. "Corporate Governance in Russian Companies," Problems of Economic Transition, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 52(6), pages 76-92, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Hugues).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.