Transformation of Ownership Relations and Comparative Analysis of the Russian Regions
AbstractThe main objectives of the present research are the identification of main regularities of the emergence of a new property rights system within privatization process in the conditions of transitional economy in Russia and its single regions (on the basis of evaluation of privatization models of the ‘90s), the identification of the crucial challenges of theoretic and applied nature from the perspective of government regulation, and the elaboration of the respective applied recommendations for improvement an economic policy at the federal an regional level. The empirical evaluation is focused on the problems of a comparative research into the dynamics of the non-government sector in the Russian regions and finding out the correlation between the level of its development and some indices of economic and political development in the regions. It should be noted that Chapters 4-7 of the present research should be considered together, because to avoid duplication, the authors do not repeat the findings of the qualitative evaluation and allow themselves only a brief interpretation of empirical output (wherever possible), implying a detailed analysis presented in other Chapters. All the data bases and the majority of calculations have been put in Annexes for chapters 5-6 that are available in Russian version of the publication, at the IET web-site.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy in its series Published Papers with number 115.
Length: 205 pages
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision: 2012
Russian economy; ownership relations; Russian regions;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H82 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Governmental Property
- K11 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Property Law
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
- L32 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Enterprises; Public-Private Enterprises
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Hugues).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.