Efeitos do câmbio e juros sobre as exportações da indústria brasileira
AbstractSince the middle of the 80s, Brazil is facing a process of industry participation loss as a percentage in GDP and in the economy total employment. This phenomenon can be characterized as a deindustrialization process. Some elements such as increase in produtitivity, statistical illusion, and demand have been pointed out as being responsible for this process. In recent years the exchange and interest rates have had a crucial role in this process.. Because the exchange rate has an influence on the productive sector by the changes it exerts on the exports and imports level, it would be expected that these two sectors of the economy have been passing through important transformations in the last years as a consequence of the Brazilian exchange rate decrease. Following OECD methodology for industrial production segmentation, the present study have separated the industrial exports sector in intensive in: 1) natural resources; 2) labor; 3) scale; 4) differentiation; and 5) science. The main objective of the present study is to analyze the impact of the exchange and interest rates on the relative participation of the above mentioned industrial export segments between the 2002-2006 period of time.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidade Federal do Paraná, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 0055.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Note: Creation Date corresponds to the year in which the paper was published on the Department of Economics website. The paper may have been written a small number of months before its publication date.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. Prefeito Lothário Meissner, 632 - térreo, Bairro Jardim Botânico, 80210-170 Curitiba - PR
Web page: http://www.economiaetecnologia.ufpr.br/
More information through EDIRC
deindustrialization; exchange rate; exports; interest rate;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- O14 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O24 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
- O25 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luciano Nakabashi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.