Regional Economic Integration and Article XXIV of the GATT
AbstractThis paper analyses the impact of various configurations of regional economic integration on member countries as well as on outside countries under realistic assumptions. That is, we consider constant external tariffs as required by Article XXIV of the GATT and the asymmetric formation of the FTA where some countries form a FTA while others are left behind.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Yale - Economic Growth Center in its series Papers with number 754.
Length: 45 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: U.S.A.; YALE UNIVERSITY, ECONOMIC GROWTH CENTER, YALE STATION NEW-HAVEN CONNECTICUT 06520 U.S.A
Phone: (203) 432-3610
Fax: (203) 432-3898
Web page: http://www.econ.yale.edu/~egcenter/
More information through EDIRC
ECONOMIC INTEGRATION; FREE TRADE; TRADE LIBERALIZATION; TRADE; TARIFFS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Goto, Junichi & Hamada, Koichi, 1998. "Economic Integration and the Welfare of Those Who Are Left Behind: An Incentive-Theoretic Approach," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 25-48, March.
- Koichi Hamada, 1998. "The Choice of International Monetary Regimes in a Context of Repeated Games," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 417-446, January.
- Goto, Junichi, 1997. "Regional economic integration and agricultural trade," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1805, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.