The Process of Economic Change
AbstractA good deal is known about what makes for successful economic development, but very little is known about how to get there - that entails an understanding of the process of economic change. The paper fist examines the sources of successful growth and then explores the process of dynamic change of economies. As to sources of growth, three fundamental factors are discussed : basic economic determinants, the institutional framework and the cultural heritage of society.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economics Research in its series Research Paper with number 128.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: United Nations University; World Institute for Development Economics Research, Katajanokanlaituri 6B, 00160 Helsinki
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
ECONOMIC GROWTH ; ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- François Facchini, 2011.
"Economic freedom in Muslim countries: an explanation using the theory of institutional path dependency,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
11015, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- François Facchini, 2013. "Economic freedom in Muslim countries: an explanation using the theory of institutional path dependency," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 139-167, August.
- Rastoin, J.L., 2006. "Le système alimentaire mondial est-il soluble dans le développement durable ?," Working Papers MOISA 200605, UMR MOISA : Marchés, Organisations, Institutions et Stratégies d'Acteurs : CIHEAM-IAMM, CIRAD, INRA, Montpellier SupAgro, IRD - Montpellier, France.
- Ashima Goyal, 2009.
"Making the Politician and the Bureaucrat Deliver: Employment Guarantee in India,"
- Ashima Goyal, 2005. "Making the Politician and the Bureaucrat Deliver - Employment Guarantee in India," Labor Economics Working Papers 22364, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ashima Goyal, 2005. "Making the politician and the bureaucrat deliver: Employment guarantee in India," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2005-008, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Douglass C North & John Joseph Wallis & Barry R. Weingast, 2006. "A Conceptual Framework for Interpreting Recorded Human History," NBER Working Papers 12795, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fine, B., 2000. "Bringing the Social Back into Economies: Progress or Reductionism?," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 731, The University of Melbourne.
- Shilpi Kapur & Sukkoo Kim, 2006. "British Colonial Institutions and Economic Development in India," NBER Working Papers 12613, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert P. Gilles & Emiliya A. Lazarova & Pieter H. M. Ruys, 2007.
"Stability, Specialization And Social Recognition,"
Division of Labor & Transaction Costs (DLTC),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 2(02), pages 83-109.
- Sophia du Plessis, 2007. "Democracy and the feedback mechanism in Botswana," Working Papers 10/2007, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Ruys, P.H.M., 2005.
"The Governance of Services,"
2005-024, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Khalil, Elias, 2007. "The Mirror-Neuron Paradox: How Far is Sympathy from Compassion, Indulgence, and Adulation?," MPRA Paper 3509, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Germán Burgos, 2006. "Instituciones jurídicas y crecimiento económico: la experiencia asiática," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 8(14), pages 137-166, January-J.
- Pelikan, Pavel, 2006. "Markets vs. Government when Rationality Is Unequally Bounded: Some Consequences of Cognitive Inequalities for Theory and Policy," Ratio Working Papers 85, The Ratio Institute, revised 03 Sep 2006.
- Zhao, Liang & Zhu, Xian Chen, 2007. "A Discussion on Empirical Micro-Bases of Hayek’s Methodological Individualism," MPRA Paper 3862, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leisen Fabrizio & Mira Antonietta, 2006. "Coalescence time and second largest eigenvalue modulus in the monotone reversible case," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf06011, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00587694 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Battistini, 2007. "Surplus-Value, Distribution and Exploitation," Department of Economics University of Siena 518, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Andros Kourtellos, 2002. "Modeling Parameter Heterogeneity in Cross Country Growth Regression Models," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 0212, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Gonzalo Caballero & Christopher Kingston, 2005. "Cambio cultural, dinámica institucional y ciencia cognitiva: hacia una comprensión multidisciplinaria del desarrollo económico," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 7(13), pages 327-335, July-Dece.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.