Food Safety Issues in the Developing World
AbstractFood Safety Issues in the Developing World examines three main issues: what food security is, how it relates to animal and plant health, and how food safety hazards have affected people of the developing world. After raising and answering these important questions this volume makes a case for public investment in improving food safety. The authors demonstrate that food safety reduces the burden of disease and removes barriers to fresh food product exports, a potential source of income for the rural sector in the developing countries.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank - Technical Papers in its series Papers with number 469.
Length: 72 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
AGRICULTURAL POLICY ; FOOD ; TRADE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Halderman, Michael & Nelson, Michael, 2004. "The EUâ€™s CAP, the Doha Round and Developing Countries," Institute of European Studies, Working Paper Series qt7zm012hd, Institute of European Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Unnevehr, Laurian J., 2000. "Food safety issues and fresh food product exports from LDCs," Agricultural Economics: The Journal of the International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 23(3), September.
- Narayanan, Sudha & Gulati, Ashok, 2002.
"Globalization and the smallholders,"
MTID discussion papers
50, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Unnevehr, Laurian J., 2000. "Food safety issues and fresh food product exports from LDCs," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 231-240, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.