Measuring the Impact of CLimate Change on Indian Agriculture
AbstractThe set of studies in this report explores farm performance across climates in India. The goal of the study is to examine farm behavior and test if there is any evidence that farmers in developing countries, such as India, currently adjust to their local climates. The reported studies measure the climate sensitivity of low-capital agriculture. They test whether actual farm performance is as sensitive to climate as agronomic models predict assuming no adaptation.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank - Technical Papers in its series Papers with number 402.
Length: 266 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
INDIA ; AGRICULTURE ; CLIMATE ; FARMS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert E. Evenson & James W. McKinsey, 1999. "Technology -- Climate Interactions in the Green Revolution in India," Working Papers 805, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Das, Samantak & Mukhopadhyay, Dripto & Pohit, Sanjib, 2005.
"Mitigating carbon emission through economic instruments: An Indian Perspective,"
96, National Council of Applied Economic Research.
- Samantak Das & Dripto Mukhopadhyay & Sanjib Pohit, 2005. "Mitigating Carbon Emission through Economic Instruments : An Indian Perspective," Energy Working Papers 22132, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Samantak Das & Sanjib Pohit & Dripto Mukhopadhyay, 2008. "Mitigating Carbon Emission through Economic Instruments: An Indian Perspective," Working Papers id:1814, eSocialSciences.
- Richard S.J. Tol & Thomas E. Downing & Samuel Fankhauser & Richard G. Richels & Joel B. Smith, 2001. "Progress In Estimating The Marginal Costs Of Greenhouse Gas Emissions," Working Papers FNU-4, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Jan 2001.
- Kibonge, Aziza, 2011. "Agricultural Productivity, Climate Change and Water availability in Sub-Saharan Africa," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 104001, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Burhan Ozkan & Handan Akcaoz, 2002. "Impacts of climate factors on yields for selected crops in the Southern Turkey," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 367-380, December.
- Mark W. Rosegrant & Gary Yohe & Mandy Ewing & Rowena Valmonte-Santos & Tingju Zhu & Ian Burton & Saleemul Huq, 2010. "Climate Change and Asian Agriculture," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture, vol. 7(1), pages 41-82, June.
- Shawn Cole, 2009.
"Fixing Market Failures or Fixing Elections? Agricultural Credit in India,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 219-50, January.
- Shawn A. Cole, 2008. "Fixing Market Failures or Fixing Elections? Agricultural Credit in India," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-001, Harvard Business School.
- Erasmus, Barend & van Jaarsveld, Albert & van Zyl, Johan & Vink, Nick, 2000. "The effects of climate change on the farm sector in the Western Cape," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 39(4), December.
- van Zyl, Johan & Vink, Nick & Erasmus, Barend & van Jaarsveld, Albert & Kirsten, Johann F., 2001. "Modelling the Effects of Climate Change on Agriculture in South Africa: The Case of The Western Cape," 2001 Conference (45th), January 23-25, 2001, Adelaide 126058, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Cole, Shawn & Healy, Andrew & Werker, Eric, 2012. "Do voters demand responsive governments? Evidence from Indian disaster relief," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 167-181.
- Dasgupta, Purnamita & Sirohi, Smita, 2010. "Indian Agricultural Scenario and Food Security Concerns in the Context of Climate Change: a Review," MPRA Paper 24067, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thapa, Sridhar & Joshi, Ganesh Raj, 2010. "A Ricardian analysis of the climate change impact on Nepalese agriculture," MPRA Paper 29785, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2011.
- Garcia, Maria & Viladrich-Grau, Montserrat, 2009.
"The economic relevance of climate variables in agriculture: The case of Spain,"
Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales,
Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 9(2).
- Garcia-Flecha, Maria & Viladrich-Grau, Montserrat, 2005. "The economic relevance of climate variables in agriculture: The case of Spain," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19154, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Montalbano, Pierluigi, 2011. "Trade Openness and Developing Countries' Vulnerability: Concepts, Misconceptions, and Directions for Research," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1489-1502, September.
- Mendelsohn, Robert & Dinar, Ariel, 1999. "Climate Change, Agriculture, and Developing Countries: Does Adaptation Matter?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 14(2), pages 277-93, August.
- Uzma Hanif & Shabib Haider Syed & Rafique Ahmad & Kauser Abdullah Malik, 2010. "Economic Impact of Climate Change on the Agricultural Sector of Punjab," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 49(4), pages 771â798.
- K S Kavi Kumar, 2010. "Climate Sensitivity of Indian Agriculture Do Spatial Effects Matter?," Working Papers id:2408, eSocialSciences.
- K.S. Kavi Kumar, 2009. "Climate Sensitivity Of Indian Agriculture," Development Economics Working Papers 22939, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Seo, Niggol & Mendelsohn, Robert, 2007. "A Ricardian analysis of the impact of climate change on Latin American farms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4163, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2008. "Climate Change Impacts in Drought and Flood Affected Areas : Case Studies in India," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8075, The World Bank.
- Deressa, T. & Hassan, Rashid M. & Poonyth, Daneswar, 2005. "Measuring the impact of climate change on South African agriculture: The case of sugar-cane growing regions," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 44(4), December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.