Water Pricing Experiences
AbstractWater pricing is an important way of improving water allocation and encouraging users to conserve scarce water resources. This work presents water pricing experiences across 22 countries in various sectors and over time. Country cases studies are presented in a structured form allowing easy comparison of result.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank - Technical Papers in its series Papers with number 386.
Length: 164 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
WATER ; PRICING;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shamim A. Sahibzada, 2002. "Pricing Irrigation Water in Pakistan: An Evaluation of Available Options," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 41(3), pages 209-241.
- Pouchkarev, Igor & Spronk, Jaap & Trinidad Segovia, Juan E., 2006. "Empirical Insights on the Heterogeneity of the Spanish Stock Market/Un Análisis Empírico De La Heterogeneidad Del Mercado De Capitales Español," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 24, pages 1091-1106, Diciembre.
- Bartolini, F. & Bazzani, G.M. & Gallerani, V. & Raggi, M. & Viaggi, D., 2007. "The impact of water and agriculture policy scenarios on irrigated farming systems in Italy: An analysis based on farm level multi-attribute linear programming models," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 93(1-3), pages 90-114, March.
- Hoffmann, Mark & Worthington, Andrew & Higgs, Helen, 2006. "Urban water demand with fixed volumetric charging in a large municipality: the case of Brisbane, Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 50(3), September.
- Francesco Prota, 2002. "Water Resources And Water Policies," Working Papers 8_2002, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Menard, Claude & Clarke, George, 2000. "A transitory regime : water supply in Conakry, Guinea," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2362, The World Bank.
- Sur, Mona & Umali-Deininger, Dina, 2003. "The Equity Consequences Of Public Irrigation Investments: The Case Of Surface Irrigation Subsidies In India," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25853, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lehmann, Paul, 2011. "Making water affordable to all: A typology and evaluation of options for urban water pricing," UFZ Discussion Papers 10/2011, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Easter, K. William & Zekri, Slim, 2003.
"Reform Of Irrigation Management And Investment Policy In African Development,"
14491, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Easter, K. William & Zekri, Slim, 2003. "Reform Of Irrigation Management And Investment Policy In African Development," Conference Papers 28067, University of the Free State, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Maria Berrittella & Katrin Rehdanz & Roberto Roson & Richard S.J. Tol, 2006. "The Economic Impact Of Water Pricing: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," Working Papers FNU-96, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Jan 2006.
- Bazzani, Guido Maria & di Pasquale, S. & Gallerani, Vittorio & Viaggi, Davide, 2002. "Water Policy And The Sustainability Of Irrigated Systems In Italy," Working Papers 14401, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Esther Velázquez & M. Alejandro Cardenete & Geoffrey J.D. Hewings, 2007. "Water price and water reallocation in Andalusia. A computable general equilibrium approach," Working Papers 07.04, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Diane Dupont & Steven Renzetti, 2001. "The Role of Water in Manufacturing," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 18(4), pages 411-432, April.
- Anonymous, 2003. "Water Rights Arrangements in Australia and Overseas," Commission Research Papers 31899, Productivity Commission.
- Bazzani, Guido Maria & di Pasquale, S. & Gallerani, Vittorio & Viaggi, Davide, 2002. "Water Regulation and Irrigated Agriculture Under the EU Water Framework Directive," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24898, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- World Bank, 2006. "Approaches to Private Participation in Water Services : A Toolkit," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6982, July.
- Clarke, George & Menard, Claude & Zuluaga, Ana Maria, 2000. "The welfare effects of private sector participation in Guinea's urban water supply," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2361, The World Bank.
- M. Alejandro Cardenete & G.J.D. Hewings & E. Velázquez, 2005. "Precio del agua y relocalización del recurso en la economía andaluza. Una aproximación desde un modelo de equilibrio general aplicado," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2005/22, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Susan Scott, 1999. "Water Pricing: Conceptual and Theoretical Issues," Papers WP121, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Smith, Elwin G. & Klein, Kurt K., 2004. "WISE - A Multidisciplinary Water Research Institute in Southern Alberta," CAFRI: Current Agriculture, Food and Resource Issues, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society, issue 05.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.