Competition Policy and MERCOSUR
AbstractMERCOSUR, the "Common Market of the Southern Cone," was established to liberalize the movement of goods and services, eliminate customs duties, and coordinate macroeconomic and sectoral polices. Competition policy has been the subject of coordination at the MERCOSUR level. This paper provides an assessment of the legislative and enforcement effectiveness of the competition framework of the four MERCOSUR countries and gives specific recommendations for reform. MERCOSUR, formed in 1991 under the Treaty of Asuncion, currently consists of Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, and Uruguay with Chile and Bolivia as associate members.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank - Technical Papers in its series Papers with number 385.
Length: 109 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
COMPETITION ; TRADE POLICY;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- N16 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Latin America; Caribbean
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chisik, Richard, 2003.
"Gradualism in free trade agreements: a theoretical justification,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 367-397, March.
- Richard Chisik, 2010. "Gradualism in Free Trade Agreements: A Theoretical Justification," Working Papers 018, Ryerson University, Department of Economics.
- Hoekman, Bernard, 1998. "Free trade and deep integration : antidumping and antitrust in regional agreements," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1950, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.