The Role of Private Sector in Education in Vietnam. Evidence from the Vietnam Living Standards Survey
AbstractAs part of the restructuring of the education system since doi moi or Renovation in 1989, the government of Vietnam has implemented several policy changes. These include transforming some public institutions into private ones, promoting the establishment of "people's" and community educational institutions, and permitting the establishment of private institutions. Since the move from a centrally planned economy to a market economy is recent, it is not surprising that private schools are relatively rare in Vietnam.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank - Living Standards Measurement in its series Papers with number 132.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
EDUCATION ; VIET NAM ; PRIVATE SECTOR;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anne Goujon & Samir K.C., 2009. "Past and Future of Human Capital in Southeast Asia: From 1970 to 2030," Working Papers 0607, Vienna Institute of Demography (VID) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.