Free Trade Area Membership as a Stepping Stone to Development: The Case of ASEAN
AbstractThis study investigates the economic impacts of accession to the ASEAN Free Trade Area (AFTA) by the new member countries of Cambodia, the Lao PDR, Myanmar, and Vietnam. The trade policies of these countries are examined, and a series of quantitative analyses were undertaken to evaluate the impacts of accession. The study focuses on some of the key country-specific policy challenges associated with trade liberalization-- such as declining tariff revenues in Cambodia, and the negative impacts on sensitive domestic industries in Vietnam.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank in its series World Bank - Discussion Papers with number 421.
Length: 172 pages
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
TRADE ; TRADE POLICY ; TARIFFS ; DISCRIMINATION;
Other versions of this item:
- Emiko Fukase & Will Martin, 2001. "Free Trade Area Membership as a Stepping Stone to Development : The Case of ASEAN," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13847, March.
- J7 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- O5 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F19 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bernadette Andreosso-O’Callaghan, 2009. "How is the EU-ASEAN FTA viewed by ASEAN stakeholders?," Asia Europe Journal, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 63-78, February.
- Martin, Will, 2001. "Trade policy reform in the East Asian transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2535, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.