The Agrarian Economies of Central and Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States. Situation and Perspectives, 1997
AbstractThis report seeks to provide a brief overview of agricultural economies in the region. It identifies where the agrarian economies of Eastern Europe and Central Asia stand today, the direction in which they are heading, the rate at which production can be expected to recover, and how this influences the region's behavior on international agricultural markets. Although we recognize the importance of the social and natural resource management aspects of the agricultural transition, these issues are not addressed in this report.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank in its series World Bank - Discussion Papers with number 387.
Length: 144 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
AGRICULTURE ; EASTERN EUROPE ; ASIA;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liefert, William M., 2007.
"Decomposing Changes in Agricultural Price Gaps,"
14576, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Johan F. M. Swinnen & Ayo Heinegg, 2002.
"On the political economy of land reforms in the former Soviet Union,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(7), pages 1019-1031.
- Johan Swinnen & Ayo Heinegg, 2002. "On the Political Economy of Land Reforms in the Former Soviet Union," LICOS Discussion Papers 11502, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Svrznjak, Kristina & Franic, Ramona, 2012. "Developing Agrarian Structure Through The Disposal Of State-Owned Agricultural Land In Croatia," 132nd Seminar, October 25-27, 2012, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia 139502, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rozelle, Scott & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2000. "Transition And Agriculture," Working Papers 11948, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Lerman, Zvi & Kislev, Yoav & Kriss, Alon & Biton, David, 2001. "Agricultural Output And Productivity In The Former Soviet Republic," Discussion Papers 14999, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Burton Abrams & Plamen Yossifov, 2003. "The Importance Of Property Rights For Economic Outcomes: Lessons From The Transfer Of Productive Assets From Collective To Private Ownership In Bulgarian Agriculture," Microeconomics 0302006, EconWPA.
- Akramov, Kamiljon T. & Omuraliev, Nurbek, 2009. "Institutional change, rural services, and agricultural performance in Kyrgyzstan:," IFPRI discussion papers 904, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Davis, Junior, 2006.
"Rural Non-farm Livelihoods in Transition Economies: Emerging Issues and Policies,"
eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics,
Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 3(2).
- Junior Davis, 2006. "Rural non-farm livelihoods in transition economies: emerging issues and policies," The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 3(2), pages 180-224.
- Lerman, Zvi, 2001. "A Decade Of Land Reform And Farm Restructuring: What Russia Can Learn From The World Experience," Discussion Papers 14985, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Lerman, Zvi & Kislev, Yoav & Kriss, Alon & Biton, David, 2001. "Agricultural Output And Productivity In The Former Soviet Republics," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20471, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lerman, Zvi, 2012. "Land reform and farm performance in Europe and Central Asia: a 20 year perspective," Discussion Papers 120260, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Heidelbach, Olaf, 2007. "Efficiency of selected risk management instruments: An empirical analysis of risk reduction in Kazakhstani crop production," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Central and Eastern Europe, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO), volume 40, number 92323.
- Pomfret, Richard, 2007. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Kazakhstan," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 48360, World Bank.
- Hanson, James C. & Matavulj, Miodrag & Manzuk, Gregory & Richardson, John G., 2007. "Agricultural Cooperatives and Unions of Cooperatives in Bosnia and Herzegovina: Opportunities for Improvement," Working Papers 7344, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Kazlauskiene, Natalija & Meyers, William H., 2007. "Role of Research and Researchers during Transition: Case Study of Lithuania," 104th Seminar, September 5-8, 2007, Budapest, Hungary 7790, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.