Powerful Wives and Faithful Husbands
AbstractThis paper studies the influence of social norms to a marriage bargaining process, when there is the private information on each player's side. We add hidden information on the player's characteristic or type to a marriage bargaining model where social norms determines the sharing rule for the gains from marriage. Then, unless one has a very high stand alone budget at his/her diposal, only unions between two high type persons can rach utility improvement for both.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Washington St. Louis - School of Business and Political Economy in its series Papers with number 9901.
Length: 44 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY IN ST-LOUIS, SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND CENTER IN POLITICAL ECONOMY, ST-LOUIS MISSOURI 63130 U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.olin.wustl.edu/
More information through EDIRC
MARRIAGE ; BARGAINING ; INFORMATION ; SOCIAL NORMS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data; Data Access
- C83 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Survey Methods; Sampling Methods
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.