Industrial Relations and Reorganization of Production in the UK Motor Vehicle Industry: A Study of the Rover Group
AbstractThis paper outlines the intertwining of inductrial relations and the reorganization of production in the Rover Group (until recently the last British-owned car producer, now owned by BMW). The paper locates events at Rover, and particularly the perceived shift in industrial relations brought about the ground breaking 'Nea Deal' of 1992, within a wider historical and sectoral context.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Warwick - School of Industrial & Business in its series Papers with number 58.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: United Kingdom; University of Warwick, School of Industrial & Business Stu dies. Industrial Relations Research Unit. Coventry CV4 7AL
Phone: +44 (0)24 7652 4306
Fax: +44 (0)24 7652 3719
Web page: http://www.wbs.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS; PRODUCTION; AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J50 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - General
- J52 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Dispute Resolution: Strikes, Arbitration, and Mediation
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moore, Fiona, 2012. "Identity, knowledge and strategy in the UK subsidiary of an Anglo-German automobile manufacturer," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 281-292.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.