The Self-Regulation of Private Organised Markets
AbstractIn a Walres-debreu world, all relevant attributes of all traded commodities are completely and costlessly specified, information is symmetric and costless, and all contracts ate costlessly enforced. In the real world in which trade takes place, it is costly to specify and verify commodity attributes, profound information asymmetries can exist, and parties have an incentive to renege opportunistically on their contractual commitments.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Business, Law and Economics Center, John M. Olin School of Business, Washington University in its series Washington University with number 97-05.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Business, Law and Economics Center, John M. Olin School of Business, Washington University. Campus Box 1133, One Brookings Drive, St. Louis MO 63130-4899.
Web page: http://www.olin.wustl.edu/ble/
More information through EDIRC
INFORMATION ; ECONOMIC MODELS ; CONTRACTS ; COMMODITIES;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.