Uncertain Health and Survival: Efefcts on End-of-Life Consumption
AbstractThe paper analyses the impact of health and survival uncertainty on the saving and consumption decisions of retirees.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tel Aviv in its series Papers with number 7-96.
Length: 40 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Israel TEL-AVIV UNIVERSITY, THE FOERDER INSTITUTE FOR ECONOMIC RESEARCH, RAMAT AVIV 69 978 TEL AVIV ISRAEL.
Web page: http://econ.tau.ac.il/research/foerder.asp
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Lillard, Lee A & Weiss, Yoram, 1997. "Uncertain Health and Survival: Effects on End-of-Life Consumption," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(2), pages 254-68, April.
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Production
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mariacristina De Nardi & Eric French & John Bailey Jones, 2005.
"Differential mortality, uncertain medical expenses, and the saving of elderly singles,"
Working Paper Series
WP-05-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Mariacristina De Nardi & Eric French & John Bailey Jones, 2006. "Differential Mortality, Uncertain Medical Expenses, and the Saving of Elderly Singles," 2006 Meeting Papers 46, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Mariacristina De Nardi & Eric French & John Bailey Jones, 2006. "Differential Mortality, Uncertain Medical Expenses, and the Saving of Elderly Singles," NBER Working Papers 12554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Smith, V. Kerry & Van Houtven, George, 1998.
"Non-Market Valuation and the Household,"
dp-98-31, Resources For the Future.
- Jennifer Ward-Batts, 2001. "Health, Wealth and Gender: Do Health Shocks of Husbands and Wives Have Different Impacts on Household Wealth?," Working Papers wp016, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Aydogan Ulker, 2008.
"Wealth Holdings and Portfolio Allocation of the Elderly: The Role of Marital History,"
2008_16, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Aydogan Ulker, 2009. "Wealth Holdings and Portfolio Allocation of the Elderly: The Role of Marital History," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 90-108, March.
- Maude Toussaint-Comeau & Jonathan Hartley, 2009. "Health and the savings of insured versus uninsured, working-age households in the U.S," Working Paper Series WP-09-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Dahal, Arati & Fertig, Angela, 2013. "An econometric assessment of the effect of mental illness on household spending behavior," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 18-33.
- James P. Smith, 2004. "New Directions in Socioeconomic Research on Aging," Labor and Demography 0403016, EconWPA.
- Nejat Anbarci & Mehmet Ulubasoğlu, 2011.
"Intersectoral size differences and migration: Kuznets revisited,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 251-292.
- Nejat Anbarci & Mehmet A. Ulubasoglu, 2005. "Intersectoral Size Differences and Migration: Kuznets Revisited," Working Papers 0505, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
- Mehmet Ulubasoglu & Nejat Anbarci, 2005. "Intersectoral Size Differences and Migration: Kuznets Revisited," Economics Series 2005_16, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Levy, Moshe & Nir, Adi Rizansky, 2012. "The utility of health and wealth," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 379-392.
- James P. Smith, 1999. "Healthy Bodies and Thick Wallets: The Dual Relation between Health and Economic Status," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 145-166, Spring.
- Domeij David & Johannesson Magnus, 2006. "Consumption and Health," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-30, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.