Immigrant Assimilation in a Regulated Labour Market: unemployment of Immigrant Men in Australia
AbstractThis paper combines data from six Income distribution Surveys of the Australian Bureau of Statistics for the years 1982, 1986, 1990, 1994, 1995 and 1996 to analyze the unemployment incidence of recent male labour market entrants in Australia.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tasmania - Department of Economics in its series Papers with number 1999-03.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITY OF TASMANIA, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS, HOBART TASMANIA 7001 AUSTRALIA.
Phone: +61 3 6226 7672
Fax: +61 3 6226 7587
Web page: http://www.utas.edu.au/economics-finance/
More information through EDIRC
UNEMPLOYMENT ; IMMIGRATION ; MINIMUM WAGE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Le, Anh T & Miller, Paul W, 2000. "Australia's Unemployment Problem," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 76(232), pages 74-104, March.
- Paul W. Miller & Charles Mulvey & Nick Martin, 2004.
"A Test of the Sorting Model of Education in Australia,"
Economics Discussion / Working Papers
04-12, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Miller, Paul W. & Mulvey, Charles & Martin, Nick, 2004. "A test of the sorting model of education in Australia," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 473-482, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.