Dual Labour Markets, Efficiency Wages, and Search
AbstractThis article presents an equilibrium model of a dual labor market. Firms are assumed to be identical ex ante and dualism arises endogenously. The dual labor market outcome is supported by efficiency wage and search considerations. Firms choose wage/effort requirement packages optimally given optimal search and effort choice by workers, and vice versa. The authors prove existence and investigate the occurence and nature of dual labor market equilibria. Copyright 1992 by University of Chicago Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Stockholm - International Economic Studies in its series Papers with number 492.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: 1991
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITY OF STOCKHOLM, INSTITUTE FOR INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC STUDIES, S- 106 91 STOCKHOLM SWEDEN.
Web page: http://www.iies.su.se/
More information through EDIRC
enterprises ; skilled workers ; economic models ; economic equilibrium;
Other versions of this item:
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Burdett, Kenneth & Mortensen, Dale T, 1980.
"Search, Layoffs, and Labor Market Equilibrium,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(4), pages 652-72, August.
- Wauthy, Xavier & Zenou, Yves, 1997.
"Efficiency Wages, Labor Heterogeneity and the Financing of the Training Cost,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
1997022, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- WAUTHY, Xavier & ZENOU, Yves, 1997. "Efficiency wages, labor heterogeneity and the fInancing of the training cost," CORE Discussion Papers 1997072, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jellal, Mohamed & Zenou, Yves, 1999. "Efficiency wages and the quality of job matching," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 201-217, June.
- repec:hal:cesptp:halshs-00194165 is not listed on IDEAS
- Smith, Tony E & Zenou, Yves, 1997.
"Dual Labour Markets, Urban Unemployment and Multicentric Cities,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1566, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Smith, Tony E. & Zenou, Yves, 1997. "Dual Labor Markets, Urban Unemployment, and Multicentric Cities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 185-214, September.
- Smith, T. E. & Zenou, Y., . "Dual labor markets, urban unemployment, and multicentric cities," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1283, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- SMITH, Tony E. & ZENOU, Yves, 1996. "Dual Labor Markets, Urban Unemployment and Multicentric Cities," CORE Discussion Papers 1996018, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, . "Job Rents in a Stylized Labor Market," Chapters in Economics, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- repec:hal:cesptp:hal-00134146 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arai, Kazuhiro, 1997. "Cooperation, job security, and wages in a dual labor market equilibrium," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 39-57.
- De Palma, Francesco & Seegmuller, Thomas, 2005.
"Dual Labor Market And Endogenous Fluctuations,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(03), pages 398-411, June.
- Jellal, Mohamed & wolff, François charles, 2003.
"Dual labor market and strategic efficiency wage,"
38395, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grassi, Emanuele & Di Cintio, Marco, 2011.
"Wage incentive profiles in dual labour markets,"
32266, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.