Quantifying Commercial Policies
AbstractThis paper is concerned with the measurement of tariff and non-tariff barriers for use in quantitative analysis of commercial policies. Non-tariff measures are defined and classified, and the measurement of their effects is discussed. This includes a review of the inventory approach, under which NTMs are catalogued, modelling approaches, tariff equivalents, subsidy equivalents, the trade restrictiveness index (TRI), and effective rates of protection. There is also a brief discussion on sources of data on NTMs.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Stanford - Institute for Thoretical Economics in its series Papers with number 96-001.
Length: 38 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: STANFORD UNIVERSITY, Stanford Institute for Theoretical Economics,STANFORD CALIFORNIA 94305 U.S.A.
Phone: (650) 723-2218
Fax: (650) 725-5702
Web page: http://www.stanford.edu/group/SITE/
More information through EDIRC
TRADE POLICY ; INTERNATIONAL TRADE ; ECONOMIC MODELS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- João Alberto De Negri & Celso Garrido & Vinicius Rodrigues Peçanha & Leonardo E. Stanley, 2010. "La inserción de América Latina en las cadenas globales de valor," Serie Red MERCOSUR, Red Mercosur, edition 1, volume 1, number 19 edited by Victor Prochnik (Coordinador), December.
- Antoine Bouët & Lionel Fontagné & Mondher Mimouni & Xavier Pichot, 2001. "Market Access Maps: A Bilateral and Disaggregated Measure of Market Access," Working Papers 2001-18, CEPII research center.
- Guillaume Gaulier & Soledad Zignago, 2002. "La discrimination commerciale revelee comme mesure desagregee de l'acces aux marches," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 89-90, pages 262-280.
- Qing Wang, 2001. "Import-Reducing Effect of Trade Barriers: A Cross-Country Investigation," IMF Working Papers 01/216, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.