Entertainment Services: a Growing Consumer Market
AbstractCanada's consumer market for entertainment services grew almost 50% in real terms from 1986 to 1996. Canadians are sepnding more on renting cablevision, video games videotapes and satellite services, and they still attend live sports events, movies and theatre. As a result, spending on entertainment services comprises a growing proportion of the average household's budget. This article explores the shares of Canada's consumer market for entertainment services that are accounted for by various household types and income groups.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Statistique Canada, Sciences et technologie- in its series Papers with number 23.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Canada; STATISTIQUE CANADA; Division des services, des sciences et de technologie. TUNNEY'S PASTURE OT TAWA ONTARIO K1A OT6 CANADA
Web page: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/
More information through EDIRC
CONSUMPTION ; LEISURE ; FAMILY BUDGET ; SERVICE INDUSTRY;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.