The Efficiency of the Spanish Policy Service: an Application of the Multiactivity DEA Model
AbstractIn this paper we analyse the efficiency of the Spanish Police Service using Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA). The analysis concentrates on the police activities related to the solving of crimes. The theoretical and empirical study of the policy production function under this dimension leads us to consider the units analysed as centres which carry out their activities with non-identical technologies and using common inputs.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Southampton - Department of Accounting and Management Science in its series Papers with number 00-154.
Length: 32 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Southampton, Department of Accounting & Mangement Science, Southampton S09 5NH UK.
Phone: 44 0173 592537/592555
Fax: 44 0173 593858
Web page: http://www.soton.ac.uk/~econweb/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Amor Diez-Ticio & Maria-Jesus Mancebon, 2002. "The efficiency of the Spanish police service: an application of the multiactivity DEA model," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 351-362.
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- K00 - Law and Economics - - General - - - General (including Data Sources and Description)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Isabel García-Sánchez & Luis Rodríguez-Domínguez & Javier Parra Domínguez, 2013. "Evaluation of the efficacy and effectiveness of the Spanish security forces," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 57-75, August.
- Drake, Leigh M. & Simper, Richard, 2005. "Police Efficiency in Offences Cleared: An Analysis of English "Basic Command Units"," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 186-208, June.
- Miguel St. Aubyn, 2008. "Law and Order Efficiency Measurement – A Literature Review," Working Papers Department of Economics 2008/19, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Chen, Po-Chi & Hsu, Shih-Hsun & Chang, Ching-Cheng & Ming-Miin, Yu, 2009. "Efficiency Measurements in Multi-activity Data Envelopment Analysis with Shared Inputs: An Application to Farmers’ Organizations in Taiwan," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51657, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kumar, Surender & Kumar, Sudesh, 2013. "Does Modernization Improve Performance: Evidence from Indian Police," MPRA Paper 45801, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Isabel-MarÃa GarcÃa-SÃ¡nchez, 2007. "Evaluating the effectiveness of the Spanish police force through data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 43-57, February.
- Wu, Tai-Hsi & Chen, Ming-Shiun & Yeh, Jin-Yii, 2010. "Measuring the performance of police forces in Taiwan using data envelopment analysis," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 246-254, August.
- Kollias, Christos & Mylonidis, Nikolaos & Paleologou, Suzanna-Maria, 2013. "Crime and the effectiveness of public order spending in Greece: Policy implications of some persistent findings," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 121-133.
- Gorman, Michael F. & Ruggiero, John, 2008. "Evaluating US state police performance using data envelopment analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 1031-1037, June.
- Drake, Leigh M. & Simper, Richard, 2003. "An evaluation in the choice of inputs and outputs in the efficiency measurement of police forces," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 701-710, December.
- Isabel-María García-Sánchez, 2009. "Measuring the efficiency of local police force," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 59-77, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.