Family Structure and the Risk of Nursing Home Admission
AbstractUsing data from the New Haven EPESE, we examine the relationship between family structure and the risk of first nursing home admission.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by RAND - Reprint Series in its series Papers with number 96-10.
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1776 Main Street, P.O. Box 2138, Santa Monica, California 90407-2138
Web page: http://www.rand.org/
More information through EDIRC
RISK; HEALTH; FAMILY;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Production
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kristin J. Kleinjans & Jinkook Lee, 2006. "The link between individual expectations and savings: Do nursing home expectations matter?," Economics Working Papers 2006-05, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Bonnet, Carole & Gobillon, Laurent & Laferrère, Anne, 2010.
"The effect of widowhood on housing and location choices,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 94-108, June.
- Carole Bonnet & Laurent Gobillon & Anne Laferrere, 2008. "The Effect of Widowhood on Housing and Location Choices," Working Papers 2008-12, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Carole Bonnet & Laurent Gobillon & Anne Laferrère, 2008. "The effect of widowhood on housing and location choices," Working Papers 154, Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED).
- Pezzin, Liliana E. & Pollak, Robert & Steinberg Schone, Barbara, 2008.
"Parental Marital Disruption, Family Type, and Transfers to Disabled Elderly Parents,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3826, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Liliana E. Pezzin & Robert A. Pollak & Barbara Steinberg Schone, 2008. "Parental Marital Disruption, Family Type, and Transfers to Disabled Elderly Parents," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 63(6), pages S349-S358.
- Charles, Kerwin Kofi & Sevak, Purvi, 2005. "Can family caregiving substitute for nursing home care?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1174-1190, November.
- Yi Zeng & Linda George, 2000. "Family Dynamics of 63 Million (in 1990) to More Than 330 Million (in 2050) Elders in China," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 2(5), May.
- Liliana Pezzin & Barbara Schone, 1999. "Parental marital disruption and intergenerational transfers: An analysis of lone elderly parents and their children," Demography, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 287-297, August.
- Liliana E. Pezzin & Robert A. Pollak & Barbara S. Schone, 2006.
"Efficiency in Family Bargaining: Living Arrangements and Caregiving Decisions of Adult Children and Disabled Elderly Parents,"
NBER Working Papers
12358, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Liliana E. Pezzin & Robert A. Pollak & Barbara S. Schone, 2007. "Efficiency in Family Bargaining: Living Arrangements and Caregiving Decisions of Adult Children and Disabled Elderly Parents," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 53(1), pages 69-96, March.
- Liliana E. Pezzin & Robert A. Pollak & Barbara S. Schone, 2007. "Efficiency in Family Bargaining: Living Arrangements and Caregiving Decisions of Adult Children and Disabled Elderly Parents," CESifo Working Paper Series 1908, CESifo Group Munich.
- France Weaver & Sally C. Stearns & Edward C. Norton & William Spector, 2009. "Proximity to death and participation in the long-term care market," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(8), pages 867-883.
- Kenneth A. Couch & Alice Zawacki, 2001. "The Utilization of Different Modes of Residence and Health Services by the Elderly," Working Papers 01-14, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Yi Zeng & Kenneth Land & Zhenglian Wang & Danan Gu, 2013. "Household and Living Arrangement Projections at the Subnational Level: An Extended Cohort-Component Approach," Demography, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 827-852, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.