Saving and Growth
AbstractThis paper reviews the evidence on growth and saving, considering various models in turn, and summarizing the extent to which they appear to be consistent with the facts. These reviews are necessarily brief, and apart from the first two sections, I focus on models of house-hold behavior that still have the most promise for helping us understand the process of saving and growth.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies in its series Papers with number 180.
Length: 44 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: PRINCETON UNIVERSITY, WOODROW WILSON SCHOOL OF PUBLIC AND INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS, PRINCETON NEW- JERSEY 08542 U.S.A.
Phone: (609) 258-4800
Web page: http://www.wws.princeton.edu/
More information through EDIRC
SAVINGS ; ECONOMIC GROWTH;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chiuri, Maria Concetta & Jappelli, Tullio, 2001.
"Financial Market Imperfections and Home Ownership: A Comparative Study,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2717, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chiuri, Maria Concetta & Jappelli, Tullio, 2003. "Financial market imperfections and home ownership: A comparative study," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(5), pages 857-875, October.
- Maria Concetta Chiuri & Tullio Jappelli, 2000. "Financial Market Imperfections and Home Ownership: A Comparative Study," CSEF Working Papers 44, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 01 Dec 2000.
- Andersson, Björn, 1999. "On the Causality Between Saving and Growth: Long- and Short-Run Dynamics and Country Heterogeneity," Working Paper Series 1999:18, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- M. Baldini & C. Mazzaferro, 2000. "Transizione demografica e formazione del risparmio delle famiglie italiane," Working Papers 366, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Chiuri, Maria Concetta & Jappelli, Tullio, 2000. "Financial Markets, Judicial Costs and Housing Tenure: An International Comparison," IRISS Working Paper Series 2000-04, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.