Constrained Egalitarianism in a Simple Resistributive Model
AbstractWe extend the theory of constrained egalitarianism initiated by Dutta and Ray (1989) with a view of making it more widely applicable to normative and public economics. The paper is concerned with redistributive systems in which what the individuals get depends on what they receive or pay qua members of generally overlapping groups.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor. in its series Papers with number 9837.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: THEMA, Universite de Paris X-Nanterre, U.F.R. de science economiques, gestion, mathematiques et informatique, 200, avenue de la Republique 92001 Nanterre CEDEX.
PUBLIC ECONOMICS mathematiques et informatique; 200; avenue de la Republique 9 2001 Nanterre CEDEX. 31p.;
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-Yves Jaffray & Philippe Mongin, 2003. "Constrained egalitarianism in a simple redistributive model," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 33-56, February.
- J.- Y. Jaffray & Ph. Mongin, 1998. "Constrained egalitarianism in a simple redistributive model," THEMA Working Papers 98-37, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- H80 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moulin,Hervi, 1991. "Axioms of Cooperative Decision Making," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521424585, November.
- Dutta, B, 1990. "The Egalitarian Solution and Reduced Game Properties in Convex Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 153-69.
- Udo Ebert, 1999. "Using equivalent income of equivalent adults to rank income distributions," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 233-258.
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Ray, Debraj, 1989. "A Concept of Egalitarianism under Participation Constraints," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 615-35, May.
- Hougaard, Jens Leth & Østerdal, Lars Peter, 2010. "Monotonicity of social welfare optima," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 392-402, November.
- Jean-François Caulier, 2009. "A note on the monotonicity and superadditivity of TU cooperative games," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00633612, HAL.
- Koster, M.A.L., 1999. "Weighted Constrained Egalitarianism in TU-Games," Discussion Paper 1999-107, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00633612 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.