Addressing Collinearity Among Competing Econometric Forecasts: Regression Based Forecast Combination Using Model Selection
AbstractBased on Monte Carlo simulations using both stationary and nonstationary data, a model selection approach which uses the SIC to select a "best" group of forecasts in the context of forecast combination regressions dominates a number of other techniques, including the standard t-statistic approach which is commonly used in practical applications.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics in its series Papers with number 4-96-5.
Length: 49 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS, UNIVERSITY PARK PENNSYLVANIA 16802 U.S.A.
Web page: http://econ.la.psu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
FORECASTS; REGRESSION ANALYSIS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.