Technology, Exports and Firm Efficiency in Taiwanese Manufacturing
AbstractUsing firm-level data from the 1986 Census of Manufactures of Taiwan, the authors examine the links between technical efficiency and firm investmetns in technology and exports. Stochastic frontier techniques are used to estimate the technical efficiency of firms by investments in technology as well as by export orientation.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics in its series Papers with number 2.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS, UNIVERSITY PARK PENNSYLVANIA 16802 U.S.A.
Web page: http://econ.la.psu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
TECHNOLOGY ; ENTERPRISES ; EFFICIENCY ; MANUFACTURES ; TAIWAN ; EXPORTS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Golovko, Elena, 2007.
"Innovation and the Export-productivity Link,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6411, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chang, Chia-Lin & Robin, Stéphane, 2010.
"Knowledge sourcing and firm performance in an industrializing economy: The case of Taiwan (1992-2003),"
27913, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Stéphane Robin, 2012. "Knowledge sourcing and firm performance in an industrializing economy: the case of Taiwan (1992–2003)," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 947-986, June.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Golovko, Elena, 2009. "Productivity of Catalan firms. International exposure and (product) innovation," IESE Research Papers D/808, IESE Business School.
- Bee Yan Aw & Sukkyun Chung & Mark J. Roberts, 1998. "Productivity and the Decision to Export: Micro Evidence from Taiwan and South Korea," NBER Working Papers 6558, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chin Hee Hahn, 2004. "Exporting and Performance of Plants: Evidence from Korean Manufacturing," NBER Working Papers 10208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.