Estimating the Moral Hazard Effect of Supplemental Medical Insurance in the Demand for Prescription Drugs by the Elderly
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics in its series Papers with number 04-95-01.
Length: 11 pages
Date of creation: 1995
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS, UNIVERSITY PARK PENNSYLVANIA 16802 U.S.A.
Web page: http://econ.la.psu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Coulson, N Edward, et al, 1995. "Estimating the Moral-Hazard Effect of Supplemental Medical Insurance in the Demand for Prescription Drugs by the Elderly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 122-26, May.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- �ngel Marcos Vera-Hernández, 1999. "Duplicate coverage and demand for health care. The case of Catalonia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(7), pages 579-598.
- Boyd Gilman & Barbara Gage & Susan Haber & Sonja Hoover & Jeremy Green & Anne Ciemnecki & Karen CyBulski & Nancy Clusen, 2004. "Evaluation of the Vermont Pharmacy Assistance Programs for Low-Income Medicare Beneficiaries: Findings from the Enrollee and Nonenrollee Surveys," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 6332, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Andres Romeu-Santana & Angel Marcos Vera-Hernndez, 2000.
"A Semi-Nonparametric Estimator For Counts With An Endogenous Dummy Variable,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2000
37, Society for Computational Economics.
- Andr? Romeu-Santana & ?gel M. Vera-Hern?dez, . "A Semi-Nonparametric Estimator For Counts With An Endogenous Dummy. Variable," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 452.00, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Julieta Trías, 2004. "Determinantes de la Utilización de los Servicios de Salud: El caso de los niños en la Argentina," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0009, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Andreas Million & Regina T. Riphahn & Achim Wambach, 2003. "Incentive effects in the demand for health care: a bivariate panel count data estimation," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 387-405.
- Pedro Pita Barros & Matilde P. Machado & Anna Sanz de Galdeano, 2005.
"Moral Hazard And The Demand For Health Services: A Matching Estimator Approach,"
Economics Working Papers
we055928, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Barros, Pedro Pita & Machado, Matilde P. & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna, 2008. "Moral hazard and the demand for health services: A matching estimator approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 1006-1025, July.
- Machado, Matilde Pinto & Pita Barros, Pedro Luis & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna, 2006. "Moral Hazard and the Demand for Health Services: A Matching Estimator Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 5488, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Li, Xin & Guh, Daphne & Lacaille, Diane & Esdaile, John & Anis, Aslam H., 2007. "The impact of cost sharing of prescription drug expenditures on health care utilization by the elderly: Own- and cross-price elasticities," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 340-347, August.
- Astrid Kiil, 2012. "Does employment-based private health insurance increase the use of covered health care services? A matching estimator approach," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-38, March.
- Lim, Jae-Young, 2010. "De-mystifying the Inconvenient Truth : Does Ex Post Moral Hazard Indeed Exist in Korean Private Health Insurance Market?," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 51(2), pages 74-92, December.
- José A. Pagán & Andrea Puig & Beth J. Soldo, 2007. "Health insurance coverage and the use of preventive services by Mexican adults," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(12), pages 1359-1369.
- Andrés Romeu & Marcos Vera-Hern�ndez, 2005.
"Counts with an endogenous binary regressor: A series expansion approach,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 8(1), pages 1-22, 03.
- Andrés Romeu & Marcos Vera-Hernández, 2004. "Counts With An Endogenous Binary Regressor: A Series Expansion Approach," Working Papers. Serie AD 2004-36, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Marisol Rodr�guez & Alexandrina Stoyanova, 2004. "The effect of private insurance access on the choice of GP|specialist and public|private provider in Spain," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(7), pages 689-703.
- Terza, Joseph V. & Basu, Anirban & Rathouz, Paul J., 2008. "Two-stage residual inclusion estimation: Addressing endogeneity in health econometric modeling," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 531-543, May.
- Adriana Lleras-Muney & Frank R. Lichtenberg, 2002. "The Effect of Education on Medical Technology Adoption: Are the More Educated More Likely to Use New Drugs," NBER Working Papers 9185, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Grootendorst & Mitchell Levine, 2002.
"Do Drug Plans Matter? Effects of Drug Plan Eligibility on Drug Use Among the Elderly, Social Assistance Recipients and the General Population,"
Quantitative Studies in Economics and Population Research Reports
372, McMaster University.
- Paul V. Grootendorst & Mitchell Levine, 2002. "Do Drug Plans Matter? Effects of Drug Plan Eligibility on Drug Use Among the Elderly, Social Assistance Recipients and the General Population," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 73, McMaster University.
- Ivan Moreno-Torres, 2011. "Generic drugs in Spain: price competition vs. moral hazard," Working Papers XREAP2011-04, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised May 2011.
- Yesim Köksal, Miyase, 2011. "Compassion and cost: The dual role of reference pricing," Working Papers in Economics 498, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Pau Olivella & Marcos Vera-Hernandez, 2006. "Testing for adverse selection into private medical insurance," IFS Working Papers W06/02, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Pau Olivella & Marcos Vera-Hernández, 2006. "Testing for Asymmetric Information in Private Health Insurance," Working Papers 246, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Moreira S & Pita Barros P, 2009. "Double coverage and demand for health care: Evidence from quantile regression," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/21, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.