The Allocational Role of Takeover Bids in Situations of Asymmetric Information
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research in its series Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers with number 6-80.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 3254 Steinberg Hall-Dietrich Hall, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6367
Phone: (215) 898-7616
Fax: (215) 573-8084
Web page: http://finance.wharton.upenn.edu/~rlwctr/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Grossman, Sanford J & Hart, Oliver D, 1981. "The Allocational Role of Takeover Bids in Situations of Asymmetric Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 253-70, May.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Oliver D. Hart, . "The Allocational Role of Takeover Bids in Situations of Asymmetric Information," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 06-80, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Oliver D. Hart, 1987.
"One Share/One Vote and The Market for Corporate Control,"
440, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Grossman, Sanford J. & Hart, Oliver D., 1988. "One share-one vote and the market for corporate control," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 175-202, January.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Oliver D. Hart, 1987. "One Share/One Vote and the Market for Corporate Control," NBER Working Papers 2347, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- At, Christian & Burkart, Mike & Lee, Samuel, 2007.
"Security-Voting Structure and Bidder Screening,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6241, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Federico Basañes & Eduardo Saavedra & Raimundo Soto, .
"Post-Privatization Renegotiations and Disputes in Chile,"
ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers
inv117, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- C. Federico Basañes & Eduardo Saavedra & Raimundo Soto, 1999. "Post-Privatization Renegotiation and Disputes in Chile," IDB Publications 40438, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Burkart, Mike & Lee, Samuel, 2010.
"Signaling in Tender Offer Games,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7938, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maug, Ernst, 2006. "Efficiency and fairness in minority freezeouts: Takeovers, overbidding, and the freeze-in problem," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 355-379, September.
- H. T.J. Smit & W. A. Van Den Berg & W. De Maeseneire, 2005.
"Acquisitions as a real options bidding game,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
05/289, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Patricia Charléty & Marie-Cécile Fagart & Saïd Souam, 2007. "Incentives for Partial Acquisitions and Real Market Concentration," Working Papers hal-00143911, HAL.
- Bargeron, Leonce L., 2012. "Do Shareholder Tender Agreements inform or expropriate shareholders?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 373-388.
- Bart Hobijn & Boyan Jovanovic, 2000.
"The Information Technology Revolution and the Stock Market: Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
7684, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bart Hobijn & Boyan Jovanovic, 2001. "The Information-Technology Revolution and the Stock Market: Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1203-1220, December.
- Michael J. Fishman, 1986. "Preemptive Bidding and the Role of the Medium of Exchange in Acquisitions," Discussion Papers 688, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Ayse Mumcu, 2005. "Takeover Threat, Managerial Incentives, and Term Structure of Investment," Working Papers 2005/02, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucian Bebchuk & Oliver Hart, 2001. "Takeover bids vs. Proxy Fights in Contests for Corporate Control," NBER Working Papers 8633, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bebchuk, Lucian Arye & Hart, Oliver, 2001. "Takeover Bids versus Proxy Fights in Contests for Corporate Control," CEPR Discussion Papers 3073, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.