Cash-in-Advance Constraints in the Diamond Overlapping Generations Model: Neutrality and Optimality of Monetary Policies
AbstractThis paper is a study of money in overlapping generations models with cash-in-advance constraints a la Champ and Freeman and Hahn and Solow. We first offer a brief review of different features of the cash-in-advance constraint. Then we propose a general formulation. We show that neutrality of money prevails when the ratios of lum-sum monetary transfers and public expenditures to the money supply do not depend on the money growth rate.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1) in its series Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications with number 97.52.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: France; Universite de Paris I - Pantheon- Sorbonne, 12 Place de Pantheon-75005 Paris, France
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://cermsem.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
MONEY ; MONETARY POLICY ; GENERATIONS;
Other versions of this item:
- Crettez, Bertrand & Michel, Philippe & Wigniolle, Bertrand, 1999. "Cash-in-Advance Constraints in the Diamond Overlapping Generations Model: Neutrality and Optimality of Monetary Policies," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 431-52, July.
- CRETTEZ, Bertrand & MICHEL, Philippe & WIGNIOLLE, Bertrand, 1998. "Cash-in-advance constraints in the diamond overlapping generations model: neutrality and optimality of monetary policies," CORE Discussion Papers 1998005, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Basci, Erdem & Erdogan, Ayse M. & Saglam, Ismail, 2006. "Money, Tobin Effect, and Incerasing Returns," MPRA Paper 1904, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luciano Fanti, 2012. "Fertility and money in an OLG model," Discussion Papers 2012/145, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Firouz Gahvari, 2009. "Friedman Rule in a Model with Endogenous Growth and Cash-in-advance Constraint," CESifo Working Paper Series 2708, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lise Clain-Chamosset-Yvrard & Thomas Seegmuller, 2012.
"Rational Bubbles and Macroeconomic Fluctuations. The(De-)Stabilizing Role of Monetary Policy,"
AMSE Working Papers
1207, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France, revised 23 Mar 2012.
- Lise Clain-Chamosset-Yvrard & Thomas Seegmuller, 2013. "Rational Bubbles and Macroeconomic Fluctuations: The (De-)Stabilizing Role of Monetary Policy," Working Papers halshs-00793063, HAL.
- Michel, P. & Wigniolle, B., 2000.
"Temporary Bubbles in an Economy with Under-Accumulation,"
Papiers d'Economie MathÃÂ©matique et Applications
2000.91, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- MICHEL, Philippe & WIGNIOLLE, Bertrand, 2000. "Temporary bubbles in an economy with under-accumulation," CORE Discussion Papers 2000061, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Firouz Gahvari & Luca Micheletto, 2012.
"Monetary Policy and Redistribution: What can or cannot be Neutralized with Mirrleesian Taxes,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3711, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gahvari, Firouz & Micheletto, Luca, 2012. "Monetary policy and redistribution: What can or cannot be neutralized with Mirrleesian taxes," Working Paper Series, Center for Fiscal Studies 2012:5, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Stefano Bosi, 2005. "Sunspot Bubbles," Documents de recherche 05-25, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Leopold von Thadden, 2004. "Active monetary policy, passive fiscal policy and the value of pure debt: some further monetarist arithmetic," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2003 108, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Tarishi Matsuoka, 2011. "Temporary Bubbles and Discount Window Policy," KIER Working Papers 802, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Stefano Bosi & Thomas Seegmuller, 2009. "On Rational Exuberance," Post-Print halshs-00367689, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.