Non-Causality in VAR-ECM Models with Purely Exogeneous Long-Run Paths
AbstractWe propose in this paper a framework based on a canonical representation of the long run matrix, which can constitute a basis for Granger non-causality testing in a VAR-ECM model using asymptotically Chi-square distributed Wald test statistics, and that unlike Giannini and Mosconi (1992), permits to clearly distinguish the nullity of some parameter blocks we can always achieve without any loss of generality, of the nullity of the parameter blocks resulting from the non-causality property. This canonical representation requires to determine the specific rank of a particular sub-matrix, which can be done using sequential test procedure, whose properties are analysed in small and large samples with Monte Carlo experiments.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1) in its series Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications with number 1999.44.
Length: 12 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: France; Universite de Paris I - Pantheon- Sorbonne, 12 Place de Pantheon-75005 Paris, France
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://cermsem.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
EXPERIMENTS ; MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS ; MODELS;
Other versions of this item:
- Rault, Christophe, 2000. "Non-causality in VAR-ECM models with purely exogeneous long-run paths," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 121-129, May.
- Rault, Christophe, 2000. "Non-causality in VAR-ECM models with purely exogenous long-run paths," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 7-15, January.
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-80, November.
- Hunter, John, 1992. "Tests of cointegrating exogeneity for PPP and uncovered interest rate parity in the United Kingdom," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 453-463, August.
- Psaradakis, Zacharias, 1994. "A comparison of tests of linear hypotheses in cointegrated vector autoregressive models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 137-144, June.
- Johansen, Søren & Juselius, Katarina, 1992. "Testing structural hypotheses in a multivariate cointegration analysis of the PPP and the UIP for UK," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 211-244.
- Mosconi, Rocco & Giannini, Carlo, 1992. "Non-causality in Cointegrated Systems: Representation Estimation and Testing," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 399-417, August.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- L'Horty, Yannick & Rault, Christophe, 2003. "The Impact of Growth, Labour Cost and Working Time on Employment: Lessons from the French Experience," IZA Discussion Papers 871, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christophe Rault, 2005.
"Further Results on Weak-Exogeneity in Vector Error Correction Models,"
Documents de recherche
05-12, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Christophe Rault, 2004. "Further results on weak-exogeneity in vector error correction models," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 402, Econometric Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.